Oversee the production of our business partners responsible for the outside plant construction, placement, and splicing of aerial and underground fiberoptic cable.
The Field Supervisor is essential in ensuring that schedules are met by planning, organizing, educating, and managing the teams and materials required to meet productions goals on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent VerTek, LLC in the field with clients and their customers
- Praise in public and discipline in private
- Scopes out hazards and takes appropriate action to avoid injury and damage
- Manages people and resources to complete project goals and objectives
- Uses software (programs and applications) and relevant tools and materials to deploy and monitor tasks and projects to meet contract commitments
- Manages rules and practices on the job site to ensure the health and safety of people and property
- Mentors & motivates technicians on-the-job, as needed
- Ensures that the project assets such as vehicles, test equipment, tools, etc. are in good working condition and are well maintained
- Assist in planning of the construction schedules and complete the projects in a pre-determined time frame
- Three (3) years of experience in the construction, maintenance, and repair of fiber outside plant (OSP) that supports telecommunications services (Telephone, CATV, and High-Speed Internet)
- Experienced in the operation and daily maintenance of underground construction equipment including trenchers, backhoes, plows, boring tools, stitch boring and directional boring machines
- Working knowledge of industry standard aerial and underground plant design for fiber to the home (FTTH)
- Computer skills are required including Excel, email, Word, and legacy systems
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e., establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, results-oriented, deadline-focused position
- Valid driver’s license, CDL is a plus
- Must be able to assist in the planning of construction schedules
- Must be able to read and work from systems maps
- Associate degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years related experience
- Military supervisory experience a plus
- Office and field environment
- Must perform work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under pressure
- Must negotiate time frames for completion and meet critical deadlines
- Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to complete job assignments
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a criminal background check as well as a drug test.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.