We are currently looking to grow our BSW construction team. The ideal candidate has great communication and time management skills, as well as 2 years of direct experience in underground and aerial utility construction, FTTH and HFC cable design, and blueprint reading.
Duties will include pre-field surveying, design review, white line the running lines for Bluestake work-order input, manage, and coordinate e-Stake requests in the Arizona 811.
- Minimum Associates/ College Degree.
- Minimum 2 years of similar experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform on site pre-field surveying walks and confirm proposed cable path and design measurements.
- Ability to identify design issues, take corrective action and make recommendations.
- Identify access issues or gating items to performing site work.
- White line the running lines for Bluestake work orders.
- Input, manage, and coordinate e-Stake requests in the Arizona 811 (formally Arizona Blue Stake) system which requires two-full days’ notice prior to digging.
- Perform field site checks to ensure blue stakes are complete.
- Communicate effectively with client, and residential customers.
- Work with team members and supervisors so everyone understands the locates.
- Coordinate with client as needed and review their deliverables.
- Attend & facilitate meetings as needed and perform site visits independently.
- Assist the BSW Construction Manager with permitting services tasks and coordination.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong problem solving, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Strong organization skills and is detail oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Report any work order discrepancies or issues to management ASAP.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with coworkers and the public.
- Continuously improving the process and systems to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Working knowledge of 811 Locate Before You Dig process.
- Demonstrate commitment to all safety standards when working around underground and overhead utilities (electricity; and transmission and distribution lines for natural and liquid gases).
- Comply with Arizona law (A.R.S. 40-360.21-32) and understand common utility marking symbols.
- Pass a background and drug test.
- Keep neat and orderly records of all incoming and outgoing orders and communicate and prioritize workloads.
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within State DOT standards.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Work under stressful time-sensitive situations.
- Read, write and speak the English language to communicate with co-workers, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Manage and complete multiple projects and deadlines.
- Use Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
WORK EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Experience with cable products and services.
- Knowledge of OSP Construction methods.
- Knowledge of OSP Construction personal protection equipment and tools.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Download the PDF.